Joie de Vivre II
11:57 PM
Given all evidence of trememdous amount of effort and commitment put in by the band members, the concert is actually quite boring. Hey, is not like I am someone who does not appreciate classical(or not) band music, but really, it was boring. I think this concert was a bit too "muscially inclined" especially for those not in the music world. All the pieces are beautiful but given the length of it, nearing the end of the concert, you see the audience's attention was starting to disperse. There were major flaws in the band. The flute section was so airy till it wasnt nice, the flute and trumpet solos didnt really go well and the alumni band needs more pratice. Also, there was NO "high" in the concert (not that I felt it) and there was no little playful performance of any sort to throw in some humor. Worse still, I thought the audience was quite ... I mean, after any band concert there would usually be an encore. Of course that will take a short period of time while the audience "coaxes" the conductor to do the encore piece. HOWEVER, while it was the "coaxing" period, people actually got up and started leaving! In the end, there was no encore. They gave the band no platform to end the whole concert properly although it was officially announced that Joie de Vivre II had come to a close. One thing though, one of the alumni trumpeter is cute!
Sam, Josephine, Joyln and I got a ride home from Mr Cheng. He's really nice to send us home, especially in my case when he missed the carpark (wells, I forgot to tell him) and he made 2 U-turns again just to make it to the carpark. THE WAY HE DRIVES IS SCARY. It was as if I was sitting in the backsit of a car competing in a F1 race. LITERALLY. We were so thankful when there was slow traffic from CTE all the way to Moulmein. PHEW.
What have I been doing for the past few days? SLEEP. I think I am getting sick again. I have been feeling very tired easily every night, thus the absence from the internet.
A drama has been unfolding in my class. The love triangle's adverse effects are finally exploding. From our point of view, you are totally a b****. How can you play both of them like that? We are all still classmates after all. Imagine the awkwardness they have to bear towards each other because of you. Like you said, maybe we dont know the whole story. Still, it is wrong to do what you did, not only to the boys but your girlfriends too. Indeed you may be wanted, but dont go and self-induge thinking that you are such a freaking hot property.
Wells, I attended the boys' court training on Thursday. I was actually quite reluctant and would rather have done my 4km run with my girls then spending an evening with boys and some people. I must say that I saw a change of attitude in the J1 boys I used to dislike and they are improving nicely. =) Personal performance? Alrights I guess, not fantastic but not to a point of despair either. I was quite "sianed" when the supposed coach just sat there and looked at us with the "i-am-totally-bored-why-am-i-wasting-my-time-here" face and spending his 70% attention on his girlfriend. He didnt even debrief us and didnt leave with his girlfriend too! Werid but I shant bother either. My mind wasnt exactly on court either, wells, it kinda was at the airport. =P The national men have safely landed hours ago in Stockhlm, Sweden. And in a few hours time Sweddish time (40min Singapore time past it it already) to 20th May - note the significance.
I woke up this morning feeling a bit lost. It felt like there was no motivation at all. Nothing to look forward to; to the end of the day when I am online. I shall finally admit that I am in a state of limerence. It's going to be a crazy silly roller coaster ride and I seriously hope it will end soon and maybe something fairytale may actually happen (note: Fairytale).
All that has been said and done, I need my sleep now. Good nights!
oh, the ferris wheel.