- photography's
Sunday, June 11, 2006
FC;WC 2:03 AM


It definitely felt like a week to me since I last blogged. HAHAHs.

Floorball Camp
I MADE IT THROUGH! WOOTs! =D Thought I would have just died in camp.
Day One started out with an hour of physical of 2 rounds of warm up, stretches and 5 rounds in 12 min. If not for Avni, I wouldnt have completed it. I think I have gotten my body to suit long distances (eg 4.8km) that I was practically dying when I was doing that 5 rounds. Court training was alrights - great actaully! We girls were pretty much left on our own since Ms Seah was taking the boys for tactics and WS didnt come. Sheena said that there are marked improvements on my stickwork! WOOTS =) We had a super gossipy lunch (as usual) that ended with Part2 of player analysis and a short nap. Beep test was horrible! I didnt even improve! Wells, Leyi claimed I actually missed 3 beeps (which I clearly remembered I did not) and even told Ms Seah. Wadeva. Gym training was taken by WS and HAHAs it was definitely not a nice experience. I rather had joined the rest at the BBall court. OooHHH! I can slice the ball down the court! =D Hopped with Lisa, Siti and Brown (scandal siah) down to TSH to watch MM playing against TEK. To see Brown, Cedric and Lionel play was really enjoyable; really joga bonito. They were like on fire! TEK got raped and Isk got his ego riped apart.
Day Two started horribly for me. It started pouring and I was half hour late. Court training was spent doing the boys' drills since Ms Seah took the girls for tactics. Game time was seriously horrible. Conceding 4 goals on the day of friendly isnt exactly a minor screw up. I will say that I, on my part was slow in my reflexes and not pushing out enough. On the other hand, the defense had a equally major part to play in the screw up - mainly the boys line. (it was 3 for boys and 1 for girls) The 2 J1 defender was really passive and left opponents free in the slot area. Once the ball is past the small goal crease line, they dont bother help me to clear the ball away already. I was really pissed with the defense. For the girls line, I conceded Cecilia's goal while that was commotion at half way line leaving CC one-on-one with me. The keepers were repremanded subsequently after training and my mood dived. Fortuanately, a cold shower and our lunch made everything better! By break time, I was high again. When we were called to gather for tactics, I started to panic for the game - as usual.

NTU Friendly
We lost 4-1. What can I say? Outfields claimed it was their mistakes, a shitified horrible game. I conceded 2 goals (first of which was in the first minute). I wouldnt say I was fantastic but I can confidantly say I didnt screw up like I did during training. WS says it wasnt my fault - defense error. I would say I agree but I did fault too. First goal was a super coincidental booboo for YuYu and I. We both shifted our focus at that split second that the shot was taken. At the moment, YuYu was hit in the head while I was going to shout for proper defense; and at that every moment, a grounder shot was conceded. I WAS SO ANNOYED. I was like I should have just shut up and concentrate. ARGH. 2nd goal was concded when the ball was oly-ed through defender's legs from the right flank and to the blind spot behind me. Though I dived for the ball, the opponent forward was quicker than me and she tapped in before I landed on the ground. I was thankful when 1st period of 20min ended. Leyi played 2nd half and she, too conceded 2 goals. The first (which happened in the first minute of 2nd half) was a deflection of her leg - quite sucks. Second goal was conceded in the same fashion as my 2nd goal.
After much thought, I would say we girls actually did okay considering we dont train for 5v5 and that they are a team comprising of both Tempest and Storm players. To lose by 3 goals for us is not very good news to them. It was their home ground and the very fact that we are playing 5v5 goes to show that NTU didnt really had a good game. Though our defense was pretty much screwed and the centers were quite confused, play ups were rare and the court was so small it was so messy playing 5v5, we did give them quite a good fight. As for the guys losing only 2-1 to NTU Hurricanes, I appluade for them. The boys team has come quite a long way to reach this stage! Considering NTU men are post NS men who are obviously more physically fit than our boys and they were so rough and playing dirty!, I am proud to say we lost by 1 goal! HAH! If I were to award MOM to someone, it would be Afiq. =)
Still, we still have A LOT of improvement to make before I can confidantly say we can take the A divs by storm.

WORLD CUP HAS STARTED! Okay, maybe I was never quite a soccer fan but since the soccer A divs and my crazy teammates, I am begining to be quite interested in it. I watched the opening match between Germany and Costa Rica (4-2) but I fell asleep in 2nd half. HAHHAHAs. AH wells. I just had a great time with Siti, Lisa, Osha, Avni and YuYu at Bugis Junction watching England vs Paraguay (1-0). LOLS. Frankly I was hoping Paraguay will equalise it.. their goal keeper #22 BOBADILLA Aldo was amazing! I like him =D England started off fantasically but deflated in 2nd half. Paraguay started off shakily, with their Captain scoring an own goal, but ended strong. Unfortuantely for them, that one goal sealed their fate. The unfortanate captain JUST HAVE to go touch Beckham's free kick. Poor thing. Daddy's thinking off getting the World Cup channels! HAHAs! GO BRAZIL - JOGA BONITO!

2 weeks left and I cant say I have officially started. I rather be sitting in front of the comp watching the addict then studying. SIGH. At least I have exhausted that addict's resource and NOT planning to replenish it till after Mids.

What I saw tugged something in my heart.
Maybe it's envy(or jealousy). Maybe it's longing.
I wish I was given that attitude then.
If only I can trade places now.
A fantasy that will never happen.
The history that will never repeat itself.


oh, the ferris wheel.




Initials Links Random Archives
WELCOME

hello.

prissie
20













cardboard boxes took us miles from what we would miss
-inevitable by anbelin
LINKS