worst of the worse
8:07 PM
It's been a week. The week when I finally felt the brunt of the realisation that Midyrs start in exactly 5 days. Finally I felt the panic, the regret and the helplessness of the situation. And finally, I got down to work. Taking the most effective shortcuts that I can come up with although they will only ensure that I dont hand in a set of blank exam papers but most likely not a pass. Procrastination.
BIG SIGH. For the many times I promised that I will not screw Mids during March Block Tests, I can only and regretfully say that I will not screw prelims? Such contradiction. To think that the study period before O levels are
shameful, this time it's ... even worse (I cant find a word). I even succeeded in creating a mirage to my Mother that I am actually putting in the very best efforts in preparing this Midyrs. Not to worry, she knows the truth already. Even with half of my GCE"A" Levels' syllabus untouched, I embraced the World Cup with such enthusiasm that is incomparable to my studies.
So how's my papers? 2 words: Gone Case. We kicked off the Midyrs with Chemistry Paper 3. OMG it was a total shocker. The most difficult paper I have ever sat for (not that I've taken P3 before). The questions were totally of a high standard. It was one hard slap in the face. In the very same day, it was Maths Paper 1. I was quite desperately trying to finish glancing through my 4 chapters of J2 work. The girls were giving me a hard time to concentrate. Wells, I did my best and at least attempted all the questions in there. Funnily it was the first Maths paper that I actually used that much foolscap. Day Two was Physics P1&2. Well, Physics wasnt exactly my strongest subject but it didnt feel as bad as the Chem paper. Today ended with Chem P1&2. A whole total goner. This time round, I competely given up on my Chemistry which is ironically my strongest subject. Even when I was given a 24hrs to tie up any loose ends, I chose to sleep it away. With that, I have concluded my first week of MJC Midyears 2006. 2 more papers with optional topics to deal with.
I returned from a month long of holidays and suddenly I couldnt talk. I couldnt communicate. There is this barrier. Is it the feeling of motives lurking some where behind that prevents me from looking into their eyes? Tell-tale eyes of theirs. Or issit mine? Mine that I will give away my suspision of their every word and action. There is no depth in the conversation. There is long pauses of silences. WOW. Maybe because I have spent the whole holidays in another world apart from them. In the world of my floorball team and girlfriends.
Floorball "A" Division Championships fixtures are out. Yet, the teachers have not released it to us. It is a good thing though. We are forced not to think about each individually match. Still by fate, we ended up in Group A with the defending champions YJC and the "feared" team VJC. VJC is not the worrying factor since they are sending in a freshie team. It is the YJC team that cant help but its nagging me at the back of my head. A team not to be trifled with, a team not to underestimate, the team that brought out the best in Team MJC back in 2005. It's just that I do not want to meet them again in the finals. YES, with such cockiness in my speech,
I do not want to meet them again in the finals. 6 more days to A divs. It's time to find my physical strength back.
It's unofficially the last day of Midyrs (look at my horrible attitude). Since I have spent the last 4hrs in front of the computer crafting this entry along the way, I shall max out my "rest" day by ending it in front of the television. Work on Physics optional topic, Fluids, shall start tomorrow. Subsequently on Maths optional topic, Statistic. See if I can keep this promise.
By the way it's 10.47pm now.
6 days to A Divs
oh, the ferris wheel.