- photography's
Saturday, July 01, 2006
La Coupe De La Victorie 6:57 PM


One man's joy is another's heartbreak.

This is sadly the way every single sport goes.
In fact, every single competition.

Starhub Channel 27 was showing La Coupe De La Victorie, documenting the 1998 FIFA World Cup. It was the unusual sad music that was coming from a World Cup story that caught my attention. I only caught the last part of the show but I caught the disappointment and the joy of teams. I saw how The Netherlands walked off the pitch with hanging heads when they lost 2-4 to a celebrating Brazil on penalty shootout. The next segment documented the Finals between Brazil and France, AGAIN with sad music. I knew the French won 3-0 that year. Tears were shed by both teams.
One in joy,
the other in heartbreak.

I wanted to cry.
I dont knew if I should celebrate with the French,
or cry for Brazil.
That two extreme expressions tore my sanity apart.
My heart felt like it had been squeezed so tightly.
Fear.
I am afraid.
So scared, I really am.

World Cup have shown how underdogs can upset the favourites, how even good teams can underperform and how the match just goes to the more superior team. It also shown how playoffs can be so scary. Win or get out. You lose, you lost everything. No 2nd chance.

It is not like Singapore League you can try again and again season afer season.
Two years is all we were given.
Gone is the first;
its now or never.
What if fate is not with us; if fate does exist.
What if we lose
and return home only with memories and friendships.
Though those are priceless
but will that satisfy?
2 fucking years of hard work and we return empty handed.
Go back to Miss Lai and say we failed.
we failed.

I will never get to play with this MJC team again.

The pressure is over-whelming.
I am freaking out.
I am scared.
What if I screw up; like one of those goalies' off days.
What if the one goal difference decides whether you are a victor;
it will be my fault.
My Fault.
No matter how much the defenders will blame themselves,
everyone knows the truth.
Who failed the last line of defence?

The goal keeper.


oh, the ferris wheel.




Initials Links Random Archives
WELCOME

hello.

prissie
20













cardboard boxes took us miles from what we would miss
-inevitable by anbelin
LINKS