National Schools Floorball A Divs
9:18 PM
I have lots and lots to blog about!
So it's over. Two years of everything (blood, sweat, tears) for this championships.
Progress like Les Blues; play like the Azzurri. We did - literally. We started off unconvincingly and ended with a silver medal. We played for the team. We played as a team. I think that was what made others fear us - our passion.
Well, since some thanked the team individually, I shall do that too.
Siti, my Captain. Thank you for leading us, for showing me what is leadership examplary. Thanks for covering for me with that "well-developed bum" of yours. Thanks for showing us what is confidence in your own play and teaching us how to slow down and hold the ball. Thanks for being a friend and being neutral yet understanding whenever I come and haunt you with my problems. Thanks for being a pillar of support and optimistic especially during the league. Thanks for coming to watch my matches even when you are alone.
Candice, my Vice-captain. Thanks for pushing us hard during physical, we needed it. Thanks for being the crazy horse of the team. Thanks for being the fastest, knowing that you'll run after that ball whenever its rolling freely. Thanks for bringing so much laughter just being your retarded self.
Lisa. You are the one I look up to whenever I am holding on to my stick. I really want to learn and harvest that same self-confience you have in your play. You really did well as a defender ALTHOUGH you are still dangerous. But considering that fact that you are a "selfish attacker" playing as a defender and intercepting all the passes, I'll forgive you. =D Whenever you defend and that "for fame, fortune and glory" mindset kicks in, I dont know whether to love you or hate you. They occur simultaneously. Thanks for your optimism and for the joy and laughter you have brought. Oh, and thanks for being there and encouraging me during the league.
Leyi. If it wasnt for you, I would have never gotten to experience the team as a goalkeeper, much less the SFL. Thanks for encouraging during every single game. Thanks for pushing me on during physicals and trainings. Thanks for the little things you do. =)
Osha, the loudspeaker and rubbishbin. No one, NO ONE has a voice as loud as yours; and that laughter too. Your top corner shots are the best in the team! Thanks for cheering us on. Thanks for the equaliser that pull everyone back into focus and renewed us with confidence during the finals (and many other goals!). Thanks for all the nice songs you've sent to me. Thanks for letting me flood your tagboard. Hee
Avni; Miss Nosey =D THANKS FOR THAT OPTIMISM. No one is as hopeful as you, seriously! Thanks for all the chatter and gossips that have really bonded the team. Thanks for the solid defence that saved our asses in crucial times. No one has a grounder pass (or shot) as smooth and fast (and dangerous) as yours. Thanks for letting us invade your house every time we watch movies together.
Sheena Ang; Frank (Lampard). Nevermind you didnt score, I think you have chalked up enough assist points to have the highest points. Thanks for being the only lefty. Thanks for teaching me how to play as a lefty. Thanks for taking all those shots on targets, making you a very dangerous forward to keepers. Thanks for bring so much joy and laughter being your retarded self, especially when you are fighting with Lisa.
Cecila. Thanks for being in the first team. Thanks for working so hard and improving so drasitcally. Thanks for being an annoyance to the defenders. Thanks for playing so well during the games. Thanks for all those short curt remarks that are so hilarious. Thanks for all those bus trips on 72 back home from Tampines.
Indah. Thanks making the team whole. I know you are hurt, but I really must give it to you for how you held your head up and cheered, support us nonetheless. Thanks for putting that 101% of effort!
GO YUYU!!! -in that Osha's voice- YOUR VOLLEY SHOTS ARE THE BEST. That volley (aka tennis) shots saved our asses 10 000 times! Your team work with Avni is the best ever. Thanks for covering for me. Thanks for teaching me your fighting spirit despite that painful injury. Thanks for motivating me to do well in my studies (looking at the way you study). Thanks for that camera! We are camera whores.
Jolene. Words cant really express my gratitude for you. Thanks for that passion that inspired mine. Thanks for that goals with that superb drag shots. Thanks for that goal that sent us into the finals. Thanks for being my listening ear. I'm sorry you always have to be the one to calm me down whenever unhappy things occur. Thanks for putting a smile on my face with your craziness. Thanks for being there to support and encourage me during the league.
Michelle. Thanks for being so encouraging and supportive. Though you didnt get much playing chances, but you have helped saved our asses by pointing our mistakes out. Thanks for being so retarded always. Thanks for being so cheerful always. Thanks for all the bus trips home.
Lousia and Yvette. Thanks for being part of this A divs team. Thanks for putting in the effort, trying to keep up with the crazy J2s (not just physically, but our frequency of thinking too). Hope you have a fun and fruitful A divs journey with us. Lead the next team to even greater heights ya?
The BOYS TEAM. Thanks for being so supportive and encouraging during our matches. Thanks for cheering for us. Special mention to Scott for the good luck messages before each competition day. Thanks for playing your hearts out. Thanks for showing us how to put away our J1, J2 differences. Though unfortunately you guys gotten 4th, you guys are already winners in my eyes!
As a team on the whole, I want to express my deepest grattitude the girls that accompanied me on the journey that brought us through A divs 2005 to A divs 2006. You guys (girls) have taught me how a life lesson of love unknowingly. There is no other team that can be compared to MJC FBT 2005/06. You've seen me in the happiest, the saddist, the angriest and in the state of despair. This journey will be one that will be held close to my heart for many years down the road.
Enough of "Thank You"s. Here's the recap of the girl's team in the A Divs '06.
Day One 6th JulyI am finally getting the jitters.
MJC vs Si Ling 2-1I started this match. I think we started shakily. The team hasnt warmed up yet and long shots are coming in quite frequently (it was the match with the most shots-on-me). I held on to the defenders pretty tightly. When we are attacking, there was this SiLing forward that just stayed in my slot area. I think SiLing was banging on the breakaways. Though there were close shaves, I am glad the defenders were close by to take her out. There were a few nice throwouts but the worst booboo was one when I slammed the ball straight down right in the slot area with my left hand. I SO WANTED TO MURDER MYSELF on the spot. That one goal that I conceded was pretty much a fluke. It was a free hit from just outside the big goal crease on the right corner. The SiLing defender swept and the ball flew straight up high. It completely loped over everyone, inclusive of me who was already standing up, and went in just below the left top corner. -.-" Well, we got scolded pretty badly after the match. The major problem that the teachers pointed out was the we werent playing as a team - 2 forward pairs and 2 defender pairs. I didnt notice that during the game but ah wells, they are the ones looking from the benches.
YJC vs MJC 2-1Got a little emotional (dont ask me why) when I was benched. I am proud to say that was one match that MJC played the hardest and we really gave them a run for their defending title. We lead throughout 2 periods before one taiko own goal and one.. fluke. They are just plain lucky. The left forwards really did a good job taking #27 down. After reviewing the videos, I finally got the picture of that fluke 2nd goal... 2steps away fr own goal.
Day Two 10th JulyToday is the "win or die" match. We win, we're through to the semis. We lose, we can kiss goodbye to everything we've been working hard for.
MJC vs VJC 7-1The 2nd trash for us =D Wells, they were fast but I guessed their skills in handling the stick was their shortcoming. We held majority of ball posession in their court. It was a total scoring spree! I was just kneeling at the goal post shouting and guiding the plays. There was only ONE shot-on-goal la! So yes, I FIANLLY clean-sheet for MJC. =D I was substituted out for the 3rd period and all those who were benched got to play! YAY! Well, given that, shots started to come in. I mean, of course - expected. That one goal conceded was a own goal (again) but I would say is confusion la. No fingers pointed ah.
The issue of "cockiness"blew up and it really spoilt the night before the semis. People of little faith. It makes me wonder where the loyalties lie - self image or faith.
Day Three 12th JulyBUTTERFLIES!!!
Semis: MI vs MJC 0-1I started this match (though I was half hoping I wasnt). I was totally freaking out when I stepped onto the court. First period, I was as if watching the match from the goalpost and not playing in the match. I wasnt into the game at all and that scared me alot. Our first period goal by Jo's beautiful drag shot gave us the lead. 2nd period was the worst when my nerves really hit a high. I was afraid that I was still not into the game and that may just cost us a place in the finals. However, after a few shot-on-goals, I got slightly pissed and I knew I was back with my head in the game. I screwed my first throw out and nearly conceded - so glad I saved my own booboo. I was shaking very badly in the 3rd period. Leading 1-0 was a very tight scoreline and ANY TIME they can just equalise it. It was the 3rd period already and MI stepped up their tempo. MJ followed suit and it was really a heated last period. Just 3secs before the final whistle, my defender committed and the ball went past the front of my slot area. Luckily that MI girl didnt manage to get it. IT WAS SO SCARY. When the bell went, I jumped and then squatted at the back of my goal post. I was tearing la. I was SO RELIVED it was over.
We won. We are in the finals. And my 2nd clean-sheet!
Kudos to the MI team who showed me what is "never give up till it's over". They fought back so hard in the 3rd period. They unfortuantely lost to NJC and clinched 4th.
finals: YJC vs MJC 2-1It's like deeja vu or something. Look at the scoreline! 2-1 it's going to haunt us for like FOREVER. We lost to them last year, this year group stages and finals with the SAME SCORELINE!
I was hoping I get to start but just before she announced the keeper, I had a feeling she'll repeat her choice in the group stages. I was right. Nothing much to say. I think we played harder against them during the group stages. They gained the early 2nd period lead before (thank goodness) Osha's equaliser renewed our fires. With just 3 minutes left, their star player finally saved their asses and scored their winning goal. It was our possesion and we were running down the flanks to start our attack. #27 managed to steal our ball but we were too late in the turnover. With an open blade, an open right side of the goal post, her wrist shot secured their champion trophy once again. After that shot, we played 5men. The defenders cleared any possibility of conceding another goal and they really fought till the last second. Though the interchanging of last 5th men and keeper was a bit screwed, nonetheless it was a good end to the match. 2 mins before the final bell, I already started tearing because my heart was simply bursting with anxiety. When the bell went, YJ celebrating and us slumping down stunned, I couldnt control my emotions.
On the bus trip back, the few of us at the back were acting like complete retards. That was the most memorable, most interesting and fun bus ride I ever had! We were spotting cars and waving to them like small kids. HAHHAs. Finally, JUNK FOOD! It was a LJS celebration for our victory. =D
(By the way, this took 2 days to finish)
oh, the ferris wheel.