AY08/09
1:42 AM
Another acedemic year started.
Holidays werent exactly holidays. Yes, though I did go on a vacation to Australia, there wasnt much time I could just lazy around the house and enjoying the afternoon sun. Working during the holidays made me realise that if I were to get an engineering job, I'd make sure I am not doing sia kang. I'd become a full fledge engineer - up there. :)
Australia was refreshing bah. Different country, people, way of life. Walking down the streets of Melbourne with the cold winter air going through your hair. Breathing in the cool fresh sea breeze along the Great Ocean Road. Feel the unity of the Catholic youths as they gather in thousands in Sydney.
I guess we were premature for such long period of absence.
Within a week of my homecoming, I was sucked into FOC. The one event I have been both dreading and looking forward to. The juniors, hahs.. erm they were a fun bunch. REALLY. I mean we have our clan issues, but ultimately they were great. Though we didnt we a single prize (OMC should really have considered giving each clan a prize each), I think we did okay. :) Given the dynamics of our GLs and SAs, and old seniors support, we did quite well. :) The team talk by the sea, after the prize presentation, I was really touched. I had my doubts, but that night, it was all gone. I was convinced that X clan will be good hands for the next FOC. :) I'm proud of you guys - Xenith!
TO ALL MY GLs & SAs: G-O-O-D-J-O-B GOOD JOB GOOD JOB!!! Thanks for all the hardwork and dedication for this FOC! I know it's really a bummer to have no hall and yet the need to stay through the camp. It was really nice working with you guys. I know there were times that I was quite off but thanks for the support :) If I were to go through FOC again, no doubt I would choose to do it again with you guys!
TO MY JUNIORS: All the ai zai people! Though our numbers were dwindling as the days pass, the spirit was still there! We were on fire for all our station games man! and the girls! POWER LA! =D Really proud of you guys!
And so, the new semester started. Not to a good start I would say... Hall will never be the same again. I'm at a loss of words to how to describe my feelings. I guess it'll just get harder as the years pass bah.
Sometimes I just feel so tired. Finding a balance with everything and eveyone is one tough job man!
oh, the ferris wheel.